News Brief Nigeria respects the intellectual property rights of others. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), we have adopted the policy below toward copyright infringement. We reserve the right to (1) block access to or remove material that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on our site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying us that your copyrighted material has been infringed. To be effective, the notification must include:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site.
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information for us to locate the material (e.g. URL, IP address).
3. Information for us to be able to contact the complaining party (e.g. email address, phone number).
4. A statement that the complaining party believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent.
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You must sign the notification and provide your contact information. The notification must be sent to our designated copyright agent:
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, we will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the infringing material and notify the affected user(s) of the removal or disabling of access to the material.
If you believe your material was wrongfully removed due to a mistake or misidentification, you may send us a counter-notification with the following information:
1. Identification of the material that was removed, including its former location on our site.
2. Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
3. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court in Nigeria and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notice.
4. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification.
5. Your electronic signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notice, we will promptly forward it to the original complaining party. We will also provide you with a copy of the counter-notice. Unless we receive notice from the original complainant within 10 business days that they have filed a legal action to restrain your allegedly infringing activity, we will restore the removed or disabled material to our site.
This DMCA policy does not override or circumvent our Terms and Conditions or any license agreements that otherwise apply to content posted to our site. This policy is solely for notifications to us about possible copyright infringement. Our copyright agent mentioned above may be served only with process for copyright infringement complaints under the DMCA and any other process directed to that agent or address will be disregarded.